When taking on any vehicle as a project for a client, we are as excited for them as we are enthusiastic for the project. When a rare find like this Defender 90 rocks up, albeit it arrived a couple of years ago, but with 500 miles on the clock! it was as good as new!
Our clients favourite colour and factory spec was all there to start with, so it was a case of taking their ideas and making their dream come true. As a Land Rover owner, several times over, already they knew what they wanted to achieve. Something bespoke, something personal, something they could enjoy out on the roads, local lanes and working in the woods...
We started with a strip down of all bolt on's that would be needed grilles, lights, bumper etc... It was then fully wrapped and paintwork protected for a complete underside corrosion protection treatment using Neutrarust TL. A heavy duty, hard wearing protective coating as used to protect the inside of ballast tanks on ships and ocean liners. We have used this product for years and trust its quality over any other product we have used over the last (nearly) 50 years.
The outside needed to be purposeful and striking, whilst remaining practical to earn its crust out on the roads and working in the woods. A full set of LED lighting was fitted with clear stop/tail, side and indicator lights. Black LED headlamps contrasted them and complimented the Gloss Black KBX front grille and headlamp surrounds.
Felling and winching fallen trees would all be parts of a day’s graft, so a Superwinch Talon winch was fitted to a heavy duty bumper. This bumper was colour coded in Corris Grey to match the Defender finishing off the front end's smart looks.
The outside was then protected with chequer plate protection to the Wingtops, Sills and Rear 1/4's and integrated with Dirt Defenders to prevent road and track muck flinging up the bodywork. Finishing off the bodywork looks is complimenting Gloss Black KBX intake grilles.
Whilst station wagons have sliding rear windows fitted as standard, they eventually rattle and can be a security soft spot for tools in the rear. Well! that was the excuse for removing them and fitting Panoramic windows to the rear sides and 1/4's. These really finish off the outside looks, making it look smart with clean lines.
Towing was always going to be required, so a NAS rear tow bar step sorted that whilst also giving some protection to the rear end.
There is always a deliberation when choosing tyres! Which are best? everyone asks. Well, what do you want then to do? is more important. Eating up road miles smoothly and quietly. Working well off-road and giving a good return in mileage. There are plenty of good brands out there, the more you pay the better they are. With many decades of experience in this 4-wheel drive industry, the BF Goodrich A/T is always my go to tyre for excellent all-round performance. on this project we paired up the latest BFG A/T ko2's with a lovely set of 18" Gloss Black Sawtooth Alloys. Awesome!!!
The inside was protected on the floor with OE fitted rubber mats. A sporty leather steering wheel gave a little more elbow room and looks great, whilst the seat raisers allowed more leg room for the driver.
Douglass Motors have been specializing in Land Rover and 4x4 preparations since 1973. We have been helping our clients create the vehicle they need, to suit whatever challenge they face, or simply creating a one off vehicle for them to enjoy, be it on the road, mountain or desert sand dunes...
If you are looking to prep your 4x4 for an Adventure down Chelsea high street or cross sand dunes of Namibia. Get in touch.
Vehicle Finance - Tailored for YOU
We love our cars and have done for over 45 years. It is as important for us to supply you the right car as it is to find you the right finance deal. We are able to offer finance through reputable prime lenders and we try to get you the best possible deal at the most competitive rate.
We offer a range of finance packages, including “hire purchase” and “PCP”, which can be tailored to suit your needs.
Our sales executives will help you choose the right vehicle and explain all your options up-front in a clear, jargon-free language.
It's comforting to know exactly what you will be paying each month for your new vehicle. All of our finance packages are agreed with a fixed interest rate and a fixed monthly payment. As we work with some of the best in the industry you have the confidence that you are dealing with one of the biggest names for finance in the UK.
Why Do Our Customer Choose us for Car Finance?
- Fixed Monthly Payments
- Flexible Deposits
- Keep Your Savings For Future Plans
- Freedom To Settle Early, In Full Or Partially Without Penalty.
- Benefit from peace of mind from consumer protection
- Secure against the vehicle and not property
Let us help you start your journey to a new car. Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to help put your personal finance deal together.
We have a range of finance options available to you, depending on your budget and what you want out of your vehicle. Whichever route you choose, our finance solutions provide both flexibility and security.
Different products for different budgets
- With more than one product (including Hire Purchase and Personal Contract Purchase), we could find monthly repayments to meet your budget
- We can offer adjustable deposits, loan terms and final payments – all of which have an impact on what you pay back each month
Extra peace of mind on the vehicle
- Your vehicle will be automatically put on the HPI register, meaning, if checked, your car cannot be sold or auctioned off if stolen
- We also complete HPI checks on the vehicle you are buying to make sure it’s as described - including whether it’s been stolen, written off and whether there’s any outstanding finance
Support if things go wrong
We have an interest in working with you to resolve problems in the unlikely event that something goes wrong with your vehicle.
- Euro Drive Motor Finance have a dedicated and professional UK based team who can offer support to you if your circumstances change
- Unlike a personal loan which may be secured against your house or other assets, with motor finance, the loan is only secured against your vehicle
Finance agreements that work for you
If you're ready for a change – our products allow you to settle your agreements at any time throughout the repayment period.
- Euro Drive Motor Finance allow you to overpay at any point in your agreement, without any extra charges
- Decisions can often be made while you are sat in the dealership – meaning no bank appointments or waiting weeks for a decision. Walk in and out of the dealership with your new car, all in one day